Keep up to date with what is happening in the world of SEO.
Recently we talked about On-Page SEO techniques you can use to increase your Search Engine Optimization. Today I want to talk to you about what you can do off your website to climb up the search engine ranks. Here's some techniques:
1. Getting involved with social media can help a business build their online presence! If you haven't already, open up business accounts on the most popular social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and connect. Share your website links and ultimately aim for other users to share your content socially too! Search engines index across social media, the more links relating back to your site, the quicker you will be found.
Quick tip: for online retailers Pinterest can be an excellent tool for SEO and to increase sales. 70% of people on Pinterest use it to get inspiration on what to buy so capitalize on this! The social media platform easily gives users the opportunity for their image to go viral.
For example, if a business was selling furniture and posted a image of a desk with a caption stating their website with the name of the product and it was then repined by their followers and theirs, the original caption along with the photo would be getting shared throughout the site which is very effective for SEO.
2. Link Building is another very effective marketing tool for SEO! It's a technique of getting external pages to link to a page on your site and when its done correctly, can be very effective. Link Building can be done a number of ways such as:
- local and business listings
- online articles
- press releases for recent news, promotions or events
- answer sites
- web directories
- other blogs
Another great tactic for SEO is hosting giveaways and contests! The idea is simple, you give away something of value to your users and in return they socialize your business through social media platforms. It's a win,¬¬ win situation and if done properly will create a social buzz that links back to your site! Even after a contests or giveaway businesses have seen an increase of traffic to their site. Its great exposure as well as a perfect way to plant links back to your site!
3. Lastly, I want to highlight how great blogging is for SEO, it's such a simple technique but effective!! Search engines love fresh content, so blog! It's a great way to promote your website and gives users a reason to return to your site. It also helps search engines to crawl your website more frequently because they have to update your newest blog posts.
A quick tip: Guest blogging is a great way to drive traffic, increase sales, and grow your brand but you must be careful because Google is aware some businesses use it as a spammy practice. Here's 4 tips to make sure your doing it right:
- Only post on high quality and websites relevant to your industry.
- Write original and quality content
- Make sure you link
- Build engaging and long term relationships to increase your visibility and establish yourself.
We have a range of plans to suit any business! Whether your budget is $50 or $200 per week, we can individually tailor plans to suit you. Talk to us today to organize your SEO plan for your website. Call (07) 5592 2685 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively jump onto our website http://www.selectmarketing.net.au/seo-plans to find out more.